Friday, February 25, 2011

The "theatahhhh"


There is something about attending a live theatre performance that both excites and saddens me. When you are sitting in row BB (2nd row) and almost centre stage, seeing the actor staring out - and looking at you (it seems) - spitting out his lines (metaphorically and in fact) - one can be mesmorized by the eyes, the intent, the intention, the passion, the depth....

In the past few weeks, I have been made aware of either former classmates of mine or actors with whom I have worked, that have continued in their craft - and I congratulate them for their perserverence, and skill - and admit to a certain degree of jealosy..... If I didn't have to do curtain calls, I would love to be on stage. It is an inner hunger - a thirst that I manage to quench for the most part. But it is "seeing" some one else on those boards that makes me recall the old joke about how many actors does it take to change a light bulb. The answer? One - but all other actors would stand around and say " I could have done that (better)."

Of course this is all moot, given that no one is planning to hire me to do anything on stage.... Wait! Dark. Curtain up in 5.... 4.... 3.... 2.... 1......

No comments:

Post a Comment