Tuesday, April 27, 2010

WHY BLOG?

Why Blog? Why write in a diary? It may be to have others to read your work in the case of a blog, but diaries, at least for the most part, are not meant to be read by others.

Perhaps I should have been writing a diary.

On the other hand, there is something about the possibility of someone reading your words, that imposes a greater desire - nay, need - [ASIDE: NAY???] to make what you write, if not clever, coherent, and truth be told, interesting. At least it should be more than what I subtitle my blog: gratuitous, random thoughts.

My writing, begun to act as an alternative view to Andris' blogs (ok... I admit it ... I was jealous of his figuring out this form of release)... has been quite cathartic. As those who know me well, know that being concise or direct is NOT my strong suit, whereas rambling and deductive reasoning comes more naturally. And if I write about catharsis, I have never needed an outlet for emotions, a verbal cathartic outlet, more than I have this past academic year. However, although one may or may not "expect" there to be readers, one cannot go about expressing all personal opinions, given the ether world's power, but more importantly, memory lasting over time.

And so - I have not been writing. But how I wish I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment